Review project drawings and begin take off of project tasks
- The Smith Group contacts Smith Site Development based on client’s needs: Sitework or General Construction.
- Smith Site Development contacts Gordian and schedules meeting with client.
- Walk the job, understand expectations, timelines, and review process
- Smith Site Development develops the pricing from the plans and enters tasks into the eGordian software program
- Gordian reviews and approves the pricing to come back to Smith Site Development for presentation to the owner
Pricing is approved by owner and purchase order is issued directly to Smith Site Development authorizing the contractor to start work
With The Smith Group You Receive The Following Cooperative Purchasing Advantages.
More Projects Completed On-Time and On-Budget – Collaborative information sharing, detailed project scopes, and proven processes speed project delivery
Cost Savings & Enhanced Cost Visibility – More dollars spent on actual construction combined with standardized cost information
Reduced Deferred Maintenance Backlog – More projects are completed simultaneously per year at predetermined prices
Fewer Change Orders – Better communication improves project scope development and yields elimination of contractor-driven change orders
Reduced Legal Fees – Virtual elimination of legal disputes due to collaborative process and understanding of requirements
Transparency – Each project cost is developed via line item estimate/costs from the unit prices yielding full transparency
“Best Management Practice” Deployment – Collaborative and LEAN practices are supported and embedded within the proper processes and recent technology
Reduces administrative burden, costs, and time associated with bidding resulting in overall reduced costs of the projects
Allows for pricing and contracting to occur during the review process speeding the start of construction, reducing change orders, and effective plan review
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on on the latest news and upcoming events from The Smith Group!