From Wally Smith Poured Foundations, which started in 1973 with a bull dozer, dump truck and a dream, to W&D Smith and Sons in the early 90’s, where residential work and commercial projects took off. W&D Smith and Sons experienced steady growth and were awarded their first bonded job in 1999. In January 2005, Smith Site Development, LLC was formed to add to the growth of the family business. W&D Smith and Smith Site Development together form the Smith Companies.
Smith Companies continued to grow and in 2011, added site development support of the Natural Gas Industry in the Marcellus Shale in NY and Pennsylvania.
Today, these companies provide us with the ability to address changing conditions and demands, find and serve diverse markets, and expand services. As a result, the company has grown beyond its original dreams. Our companies and our great people invite you to become part of our family, and enjoy our dream!
Master of Architecture – Norwich University; 2000
Bachelor of Architecture – Norwich University; 1999
Influences and Accomplishments
- Chairperson of the Legislative Committee for the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Governmental Affairs Committee for the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce
- Board president for The Community Potential board affiliated with the Binghamton Housing Authority
- Member of the Village of Port Dickinson Planning and Zoning board.
- President of the Downtown Binghamton Business Association (DBBA)
- Board president of the Southern Tier Sports and Recreation Development, Inc.
- Member and Officer (Secretary) of the Broome Business Club
- Member of the YMCA Board and facilities committee
- Associate Member of the AIA, 2002-Present
- 2005 Community Advocate Award Nominee
- Honored Member of Strathmore’s Who’s Who, 2002-2003 Edition
- Norwich University Varsity Soccer Team, 1994-98; NU Bound, Team Leader, 1995-97
- Member of the under 19 years old United States Soccer Team which traveled abroad to Italy, England, France, Switzerland, Holland, and Germany to name a few
- The award recipient of the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce “2010 Small Business Advocate of the Year Award”
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on on the latest news and upcoming events from The Smith Group!